Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Advent

This year Igor and I are doing the Jesse Tree Advent Family Devotional together.  It's a sweet time for Igor and I to count down to Christmas. 
I am not sure how it happened but Advent snuck up on me this year so I wasn't prepared on the first day.  I decided to make a tree out of construction paper and having Igor draw glue on an ornament each day because it was easy and it was time to start.  When I mentioned my plan to Igor he said, "Why don't we get out my little Christmas tree instead?"  Why didn't I think of that?  We pulled out his little Christmas Tree from storage.  Igor insisted on lights, the big ones.  I downloaded copies of ornaments here .  Each day Igor and I go through the Advent devotional.  Igor  may choose to color in the ornaments or draw his own. 
We are on day two.  I am enjoying this special time with my son.





No comments: