Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3-2-1- lift-off!

This past weekend we "launched" sponsorship for the children of Kombolcha!
Prior to the launch I had doubts- really, how were Jeremy and I to find 188 sponsors? How would the weekend come together with Peter? Why did I feel such a burden along with such negativity? At the same time our family was dealing with all sorts of distractions.
When I had a few minute of quiet time I heard this, "Your focus should be Kombolcha. Your job is to share your heart. My job is to soften their hearts." Oh, that's a relief! With those words I became more encouraged and excited about the weekend!

Peter Abera, the Ethiopian in country director for Children's Hope Chest spoke at several churches while he was here. He did an amazing job of sharing his heart and the plight of children at Grace's care point. We had a great response. We don't have final numbers but we believe one third of the children of Kombolcha have been sponsored! How amazing is that? It normally takes 3-4 months to get a care point of this size fully sponsored so we are well on our way.

You can make a difference in these children's lives. $34 per month ensures that a desperately poor and hungry child will have two meals every day, clothing, medical care, education and Christian discipleship. If you are interested in sponsoring a child or learning more about sponsorship- please e-mail me:
mblueberry.madamblueberry@gmail.com

Here are some pictures from a few of the events this weekend.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Candy - I'm so very proud of you and so very excited for the kids at Kombalcha! with love, Karen Wistrom