Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Friday, November 2, 2007

My little brother's name.....

When we adopted from Russia a co-worker's son, Quinn, made a welcome home card for Igor. Quinn drew his family on the card. Each family member was a different color. I was and still am touched by this little boy who made a card for our son.

Quinn started a new tradition in our family, whenever a family member is drawn, they are a specific color- Daddy is blue, Mommy is pink and Igor is yellow (Igor's choice). We always write our names under the pictures. A couple months ago we added Igor's little brother to our family picture (Igor assigned him orange) but we haven't written his name. Today, Igor and I were drawing with chalk. I drew our family and started to write our names. Igor told me to write his little brother's name. I asked what his name was and Igor spelled BOC. I asked Igor how to pronounce the name and he spelled out the letters BOC. Then he added- "That how you say it, mom." Hmmm, I am pretty sure we will not be naming our second son BOC, but for now, that's his name.

4 comments:

Carpenters said...

How cute! I don't think I've seen B-O-C in any of the baby names books that I have, but you never know.

~Penelope

tisha said...

That's so cute to give everyone in the family their own color! BOC.....it's so neat to hear the little things kids come up with! :)
Tisha (awaa yg)

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! :) I love it!

E said...

So cute! Eben was adamant about naming his little brother Nigel! He's settled that he's going to call him that as his "nickname" and there's no changing his mind on the subject. :) Isn't it fun to watch our little boys as they begin to see themselves as BIG brothers? I can't wait to see what it will be like once his little bro is home (he also calls him his little bro).

Erica