Rob whisked me off to Winston-Salem, NC to celebrate our anniversary. While we were there we visited the art district, went to the movies, enjoyed sight-seeing and had a wonderful anniversary dinner.
We saw The Bucket List which had us crying at the end. We recommend seeing the movie.
Locating the perfect restaurant for our anniversary dinner was a comedy of errors. Rob thought we would explore the city and find the perfect place. I am much more of a planner but since he put this anniversary event together, I agreed. Downtown Winston-Salem doesn't have a restaurant district so after the movie we drove around searching for a place to eat. We ended up feeling a little bit like Goldilocks.
- The first restaurant was too casual (sandwiches and salads)
- The second restaurant's wait was over an hour
- The third restaurant was too smokey
- The forth restaurant was too expensive
- The fifth restaurant was a pizza joint
- The sixth restaurant was perfect!
We had a great waiter and the food was excellent. It was a wonderful anniversary. We had so much fun we decided every year we should go away for our anniversary.
Igor had a wonderful time with his grandparents while we were away!