Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

"The Crud"

Have you heard of "The Crud"? We hadn't either until we moved south. In the winter you will hear people say so and so has "The Crud". Everyone will nod their head and say, yep, it's that time of year. "The Crud" is an illness that is similar to a cold but leaves you coughing, sometimes for weeks! This week Rob caught "The Crud". Wednesday night he came home with the chills and a cough that kept him up all night. Thursday morning the doctor did a flu test, which came up negative. She gave him a prescription cough medicine that knocks him out. Rob spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday in bed. He feels better this morning but he is still weak. When we get home from church he'll go back to bed. I hope that one more day of sleep will help him get back to 100%.

While "The Crud" germs are in our house, caramel corn production has stopped. I don't want to pass "The Crud" on to you! I have wiped down everything Rob has touched with Clorox wipes (numerous times... If you watch Monk, you know what I'm talking about. "Wipe"). You cannot be too careful!! If Rob is feeling better tomorrow I will disinfect the entire house. I'll start making caramel corn again on Wednesday.

My friend Donna from the DC area is coming for a short visit on Tuesday night. We love having "old" friends visit! I cannot wait to see her!

3 comments:

jill coen said...

Poor guy! Sounds like "the gout". Anything with a "the" is BAD! :) Hope he's better soon.

tisha said...

I've never heard of "the crud", it doesn't sound like fun. I hope he feels better soon.
Tisha

Susan said...

LOL!! Poor guy! I hope he kept the crud to himself! I'm not laughing that he's sick -I'm laughing at "the crud." You're dead on! I've had "the crud," and it is not funny. :-D

We want some caramel corn when all is well again.

~Susan