Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Henry's lotion

On the way back from the adoption retreat we started talking about the lotion I make for Henry. Here's another oldie but goody post!  I have been using this recipe since Jan 2009, and it has never failed me.  Henry's skin looks great and stays soft.  The lotion is inexpensive compared to name brand lotions. 
Jan 22, 2009
My friend and blogger pal Susan has started making body butter for her son. She inspired me to make body butter for Henry since his skin is so dry. Susan's recipe uses Aquaphor but I did not have that on hand so I used Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream.  I have had great results with the Cetaphil version.  It's the only lotion I use on Henry's skin.
I buy raw shea butter at our local African American beauty supply store.  I purchase Cetaphil Moistsuring cream at a big box store

I mixed 6 oz of raw Shea Butter and 3-5 oz of Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in my KitchenAide mixer for about 10 minutes and wallah, the mixture is like body butter and it keeps Henry's skin from getting ashy. I store the lotion in an air tight container and apply it to Henry's skin once or twice a day.  I hope you love the lotion as much as we do!

1 comment:

NANCY said...

I love that this moisturizer absorbs quickly into the skin. It is not sticky at all. It will leave your face soft and smooth all day long. It plumps up the skin and gives you a healthy, youthful glow. It is my favorite facial mositurizer.