Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Referral Friday

Wonderful news- there were referrals today!

Congratulations to the following families: Roger & Kari and Shawn & Tisha, Laura & Craig (baby girl) and Sarah & Bob (toddler boy)! It's a great way to end the week. It sounds like K.P. will be getting a referral soon!

Four families are picking up their children this weekend. Two of the families have blogs so check out Apryl & Seth's blog and the Coen's blog.

We could be in the next batch of referrals. Only time will tell.

While we wait, I am reading books, caring for Igor and doing a little gardening. The weather has been great this week. My irises are in bloom. I planted them 18 months ago. This is the first time they have bloomed. I think they are so beautiful! My spring daisies are blooming and so are my violets!

I planted basil in this pot but it looks like a little boy has claimed this pot for his own...


My blackberry bushes are in bloom - YIPPEEE! Can you see the tiny yellow bud on my patio tomato plant?? I have several tomato plants but this is the first one with a bud. I cannot wait for home grown tomatoes!


On our small hill, I planted (from seed) sunflowers and wildflowers. They are starting to come up! I haven't decided if I will plant cantaloupes and pumpkins. Last year the bunnies ate my cantaloupes.... I still have a few weeks to decide.

2 comments:

tisha said...

Thanks Candy! I hope you guys are in the next batch that would be awesome!!

Your flowers are pretty! :)
Tisha

Jori said...

Here's to hoping/praying that they are doing medicals/paperwork on "your little guy" right now for next month!! So glad you let me share this journey with you, you are encouragement to me!
Blessings, Jori
WFR 02/19 either x2