Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Magnify

I have been thinking a lot about magnification lately. My eyes are going quickly. I cannot see many things close up without my, um, glasses. I started thinking about magnification and what it means as it relates to God.
Psalm 69:30
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

I really hadn't thought about it until recently. What does magnify mean? What do I magnify?
A quick look in the dictionary:
Magnify- to
increase the apparent size of, as a lens does.
I'm suppose to magnify God- make him bigger than what He is? Is that right? When I step back I realize that God is always the same size whether I have my glasses on or not. I put my glasses on to see more clearly, to bring something into focus.

I'm not sure why it just dawned on me today but I am the magnifying glass. I become the magnifying lens that others see God through.
I should act in a way that makes God look as great as he really is. I am the lens which helps others see the character of God, His mercy, his grace, compassion and so much more. Do I do this? hmmmm... when I take a careful inventory, I see the magnification of the problem not the awesomeness of God.
If I want to walk
in the promises of God given in His Word, then I need to learn how to minimize the problem and magnify what God has done.

No comments: