Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Picnic anyone?

It has been so hot outside that by mid-morning I want to go indoors until the sun starts setting.  Henry doesn't seem to mind the intense heat and humidity.  The other day I started to make lunch and Henry walked into the garage.  I thought he was looking for a toy until I heard the garage door open.  I peeked outside and this is what I saw
Yes, my son wanted to have a picnic on the concrete in 95 degree weather.  I tried to convince him that we'd be more comfortable inside.  When that didn't work I tried to talk him into sitting under a tree.  Henry was not interested in options.  He wanted to eat in the driveway.  Yes, I know I am his mom and I could make him come inside... but he was so proud of setting up for a picnic, I grabbed my hat and the sandwiches.  He was waiting for me and we had a lovely picnic.

No comments: