Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Car talk

Igor holds many things close to the vest.   Some days he freely gives information but most days getting him to talk is like prying open a clam with your fingernails.  I've noticed that being in the car allows for a little more information to be shared.
Today Igor and I were driving to his eye appointment and some how we started talking about work.  I asked him how he would feel if I went back to work.  All he said was -NO.
me- why not?  You are in school all day.
Igor- I like for you to be at home.

me- I use to work.
Igor- Remember when I was 3 and 4 years old and you went to work?
Me- Yes.

Igor- I didn't like it.
me- But daddy stayed home with you.
Igor- I know.  But I wanted to be with you all the time.
me- oh.
 Igor is 8 years old, this is the first time he has ever expressed his desire for me to stay home with him.  I guess I should never under estimate my work as a stay at home mom.  I think we should ride in the car more often.

No comments: