Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

A catchy tune...

Do you ever get a song stuck in your head?? I have the Addams Family theme music stuck in my head. For several days I have caught myself humming this song. Why?? Igor's teacher is teaching the days of the week to the Addams Family theme music. Igor loves to sing this song-
Days of the week (snap, snap)
days of the week (snap, snap)
days of the week, days of the week, days of the week (snap, snap)
There’s Sunday and there’s Monday,
there’s Tuesday and there’s Wednesday,
there’s Thursday and there’s Friday
and then there’s Saturday!
Days of the week (snap, snap)

days of the week (snap, snap)
days of the week, days of the week, days of the week

It's a very catchy tune and Igor loves singing it but I hope to replace the song in my head with something else soon. Is it stuck in your head now??

Igor's kindergarten teacher, Ms. Molly, is awesome. She reminds me of Ms. Joya (Igor's nursery school teacher). Ms. Molly is calm, creative, very organized and connects with the children in a very special way. The transition to Ms. Molly from Ms. Joya has been an easy one. YAHHH!!


Did you know that Friday was talk like a pirate day? I didn't until Igor walked off the school bus and greeted me as his matey. At school they made pirate hats and talked like pirates. At dinner Igor insisted that we talk like pirates. It was very fun but my "pirate speak" is limited matey. Next year I'll be more prepared. I googled, "How to talk like a pirate" and there are so many resources. Arrgh!, See Ya Chum!

While I have some free time I am volunteering in Igor's science class. Last week we went on a nature walk. We all carried picture cards to help us identify poison oak and ivy! Luckily we did not spot any. The kids were great and Igor seemed excited to see me in his class.

Our church body has had some very difficult days. A lot of different things are going on and I've lost track of so many things. (which is very unlike me) Yesterday Rob had a funeral at 2PM and I was going to Susan's baby shower. For some reason, I got confused, I thought the baby shower was at 2PM. Imagine my horror when I realized that I had arrived ONE HOUR LATE! Ugh... I have no idea what I was thinking. The good news, I made it for the last hour of the shower.

I hope to have an update this week on a referral!

3 comments:

Jori said...

Great tune ~ Now I will be singing it all day :):) Very cool though, I love creative teaching that the kiddos don't even know they are learning!!
At least you made it to the shower and the picture on Susan's blog w/ everyone is a keeper!!
I am choosing to move foreward and rejoice with you on this referral! Let me know details as soon as you can and I am sure lots would take a car package for you but let me be the first to offer. I would be honored! :):)
Still praying for Rob and your church.
love ya, jori

tisha said...

That song does get stuck in your head. I love learning things to music. My mom taught us our address that way when we were kids. It makes it fun! I'm glad Igor is having such a great experience with kindergarten! And talk like a pirate day sounds like so much fun!

Looking forward to your update!
Tisha

E said...

Thank you so much for sharing this catchy tune for the days of the week. This will be helpful around our house. :)

Love talk like a pirate day - that's so funny. Eben's going to be a pirate for Halloween this year. One time - probably six months ago - he told me that he was going to make me walk the plank (after I did something he didn't like). That was definitely one of those mommy moments where you SO want to laugh, but know you can't!

And...people keep alluding to a referral. I'm out of the YG loop, but I'll be praying and hope everything is going well with that. Anxiously awaiting further details once you have some that you can share! :)

Love,
Erica