Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mom, I want to have a party

Since school started Igor has talked about having a party at our house. He asked about it for 2 1/2 weeks before I took him seriously (bad mom). He was very specific-
  1. we are going to have a party and invite so and so over
  2. we are going to have cake and cookies
  3. we'll have decorations
  4. we'll play cars, games, take a nap and play some more (ahhh, nap?)

Friday after school we had a back to school party. We had cake, ice cream and cookies. I did not have decorations up so I was quizzed by my son (the party planner) - "Why don't you have decorations MOM?" Really, I didn't think decorations were that important... Everyone had a great time. Igor is talking about his next party.

I don't have any pictures of the party because the shutter of my camera won't open. The electronics shop wants $50 to tell me what is wrong.... ugh. For now I am using Rob's old
"film" camera. I have had a roll of film in my purse for a week. This is a total bummer.

Tomorrow is "Picture Day" at school. After school Igor is getting his hair cut. His bangs are finally growing out and they are uneven. Now, I need to figure what he will wear tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jori said...

That is so funny about the "film" camera. My youngest (4) found our old camera and is now paying with it telling ever one "this is what my mom and dad had for pictures before I was here"!! So very funny to him; we are not that old!
A party is a great idea - Kuddos to Igor!! We will be celebrating birthday #5 in Ocotber so alas our party will be then!
Still kneeling in the gap with you!
love ya, jori

tisha said...

Sounds like a fun party! :)
Tisha

Melodie Monberg said...

I love it...sounds just like my son...and he is currently insisting that his will be a pajama party...don't know how I'm going to bring him back to reality on that one!

Team Dragovich said...

Geez Mom, everyone knows decorations are important (insert sarcasm here!) I wouldn't have thought it was that important either. Igor must be a detail kid. I have one of those :) And what about naps? I'm guessing, no naps.

Praying for that referral to come soon!
Love,
Shari