I went to the dentist today. I saw my new favorite dentist who I really like and have a lot of confidence in. We were finishing up the appointment, the dentist said everything looked great and then he said (insert foreboding music here), "Let me take look at that X-ray again." My internal monologue went something like this- must we look at the X-ray again, really, everything is fine, my teeth are happy, it's time for me to go. But instead, I said nothing. The dentist and the hygienist were discussing a back molar, he flipped to an X-ray that was taken when I was having a terrible tooth pain. The dentist had me look at the x-rays taken over the last few months. he showed me a dark spot on one of my teeth. He said, "Candy, I think I can save the tooth and avoid a root canal and crown."
I thought- What? save the tooth, avoid a root canal? I'm here for a cleaning, we haven't finished dealing with the tooth that was pulled- ugh... how much is this going to cost? Of course, I did not say any of that, I smiled and nodded my head.
So, after I paid for the visit I pleaded with my teeth- Stop it! We are adopting!! Why are you causing trouble?? Alas, they are teeth not people so I was talking to myself. heavy sigh. On the 24th the dentist will try to spare me from a root canal.
The conference call was jam packed with information. I won't post everything because it's too much to post. Here are some of the highlights from the call-
- The Transitional Home (TH) is full. Children who have been recently referred will remain in the orphanage until the next travel group picks up their children.
- The TH's lease is up in October. They may renew the lease because they have been unable to find another suitable building.
- AWAA has signed on with another orphanage- Espansia(?). It is located about 4 hrs from Addis
- Duni has hired two staff people in ET, an adoption director and an assistant to the director. They continue to hire more nannies and are looking to hire another nurse.
- Travel will be different, families will stay in a guest house instead of the Hilton
I am trying to get clarification on the toddler boy wait time. We are well beyond the wait time quoted of 5-7 months. I know our situation is unique, so I have asked our family coordinator to provide us with a wait time specific to our family. I will let you know when I hear something!
One last thing- I miss placed my reading glasses. The school sent home a form to review and I cannot read it! Now where is the magnifying glass??