Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A quick update (random items)

I don't have a lot to post... just some random items. We hope to announce that we have a referral soon but it's completely out of our hands. We've been waiting over 11 months! Yikes. Right now, I am okay waiting. Thanks to everyone who is praying or has written encouraging notes on our blog. We appreciate you all!

Last week the remnants of Hurricane Fay dumped 5 inches of rain on us in 24 hours. Igor was fine with all the rain! He thought the mushroom in the yard was very cool. He wanted to bring it inside so we could cook it... hmmmm... no thanks.

Igor is doing great at school. His favorite part of the day is riding the school bus!

We finally opened the pickles I canned in June. They are so yummy we've eaten 2 jars! I canned more garlic dills this morning so we'll have some this winter.

Have you rented Martian Child yet? On Friday night Rob and I finally watched it. The first half hour is very slow but it gets better! We really enjoyed the movie which focuses on adoption.


This summer we have enjoyed homemade Popsicles. I purchased molds that are BPA free. I make the Popsicles with 100% fruit juice (no sugar added). Igor enjoys one when he gets off the school bus in the afternoon. He prefers them to grocery store Popsicles.
Do you compost? If you do, I have to share these compost bags with you. The bags keep our compost pail on the counter top clean and it's so easy to dump the bag in the compost bin outside. I was buying them at Amazon.com but I recently asked our local Whole Foods to stock them. They called me in August to say they have them on the shelf! Who knew you could bring items to the grocery store and ask them to stock the item?? I'm so glad I asked.

4 comments:

tisha said...

I'm glad to hear that school is going well for Igor!

We've seen martian child and we liked it a lot too.

The popsicles and pickles sound good!
Tisha

alisa said...

Candy, praying for your family...that you would lead the train of referrals this month!! Even if there were only one referral for Sept, praying it'd be yours!!! Even still, God's will be done. Your AWAA-YG family has their arms around you!
Alisa

Jori said...

I am so very ready for it to be you this week!! I know you are praying for His timing and so are we ... could it just be now though Lord!!! :):) Looking foreward with you!
love ya, jori

Team Dragovich said...

I never think to ask my local stores to carry certain items! Kudos to you for thinking of it!

Now you have me all excited for an upcoming referral announcement :) I'll be praying for your peace as you continue to put it into God's perfect hands.
Love,
Shari