Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Fun

Life goes on as we wait for travels dates to Ethiopia.

Last week we went to the fair and had a great time. Last year we wore shorts and sunscreen, this year we wore fleece pullovers and hats! Here's a picture from the National Guard stand.

Igor rode one roller coaster and he decided that he still doesn't like them. He REALLY wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel. We said sure. As soon as Rob and Igor got inside the Ferris wheel compartment Igor realized it swung like a swing. He asked to be let off the ride. Maybe he'll ride it next year.

The fair offers not so healthy food- Rob tried his first fried twinkie and fried snickers bar (a recipe for a belly ache!). We enjoyed roasted corn on the cob, ham biscuits, a funnel cake and a polish sausages.

Last weekend I finally purchased a new digital camera as the previous camera is dead. Taking Rob's old film camera to the Fair was painful. We have been very spoiled by owning a digital camera. We still have 5 more pictures to take before we can have the roll developed.

This weekend was the Fall Festival at our church. It was a great time. We decorated cupcakes, had a pumpkin roll, a moon bounce and more. Igor's favorite event was the tricycle races. This year we had a Christian Illusionist share the message of Christ while performing his magic show. He did a great job.

Igor's latest painting:
This week I am going to the blueberry nursery to pick out 2 or 3 blueberry plants! I cannot wait.

2 comments:

E said...

Fall is the best! I can't believe Rob actually had a fried twinkie AND a fried snickers. Worse still...I'm totally jealous! ;)

I simply love Igor's art...it's so beautiful. I think I'm going to encourage Eben to try his hand at art on canvas. It would be wonderful to hang in my office. I have his "paintings" up around the house, so I might as well go all the way!

Happy fall & hang in there...

Love,
Erica

tisha said...

I love fairs! Especially the food, that's my favorite part! :)
Your church fall festival sounds like fun too.

Praying you hear something on your travel dates soon!
Tisha