Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Orphanage dust and a new order

Over the last few years I have written about Orphanage dust that has entered our home. Last January the air was thick with dust and it was a very unstable time for our family- particularly Igor. A new family order was being established and Igor had to face some of his past in order to move into the future. So here we are over a year after the Dust Bunny the size of Kansas covered our home and we finally feel like a family. We still have hard days but they are spaced further and further apart. I look at Igor and I see how far he has come. The harden shell that formed while in the orphanage is peeling off layer by layer. I am seeing an amazing boy becoming comfortable in his new skin.

A sweet friend sent us an e-mail this week saying she too has noticed a change in Igor. She wrote:
I was enjoying some of your recent photos and all of a sudden it dawned on me that in many of them, Igor has a real smile on his face! He's obviously making huge progress, I'm sure you see, but sometimes it is nice to have someone else to acknowledge it.

Today I am rejoicing that our family FINALLY feels like a family. I also thank God for the growth in Igor. I pray Igor will continue to grow more confident in who is not who he was.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

3 comments:

jill coen said...

Wonderful!! I thought the same thing about his smiles in recent pictures. :) So happy for your family!!

KLT said...

That is amazing. That is grace. Thank you for sharing.

Carpenters said...

Praise God! I am so happy for you all.