Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Henry's weight and Igor

Rob dropped off Henry's "sample" at the pediatrician's office this morning. We hope the results will come back saying he is giardia free. Since Rob had Henry with him the nurse asked if she could weigh him. Rob agreed but was surprised by the request since he didn't have an appointment. The nurse weighed Henry. She said he isn't gaining weight fast enough so he has dropped from the 36th percentile to the 33rd percentile. She wanted to know if Rob wanted to meet with the doctor. He declined since one major piece to the puzzle is test results for giardia.

Rob and I were a little shocked by the drop in percentile but when I look back on the last few days it makes sense. I'm not a doctor but I still think something is wrong with Henry's tummy.
Henry was eating 6 meals a day. You read that correctly- 6 meals a day! I was so concerned about the amount he was eating I consulted with the doctor. She said to feed him if he was hungry. We wanted to make sure he knew we would meet his need if he was hungry.
The last few days Henry has limited the amount he will eat to 2 or 3 small meals a day. Tonight he didn't eat his dinner, a meal he has previously inhaled. Henry has even refused his bottle the last two nights.... hmmmm. I hope the test results will help us understand what is going on with Henry.

Igor's tongue is on the mend but it's still painful. It is going to take more than the 7-10 days the dentist quoted me but I do see improvement!

Today was a particularly bad day for Igor. In previous posts I have written about the dust bunny in our house but today a different analogy hit me- wounding. Igor has some deep wounds as a result of being in an orphanage. Over time these wounds have healed but one wound scabs up but never quite heals. Today, the scab of that wound was ripped off and we had to deal with the consequences. It was not pretty. This afternoon I prayed with Igor for the wound to heal. Igor said, in a defeated way, that it will never go away.... my heart was so heavy. I told Igor I would never stop praying for him and we would continue to work with him and do everything possible for the wound to finally heal. I want my precious little boy to know hope and healing!

5 comments:

Melissa Juvinall said...

We are praying for you and your family so much!!!!!!
Melissa

CM and JM said...

we join you in praying for hope and healing for Igor and healing from tummy troubles for Henry!!!
Carine

beBOLDjen said...

Hi Candy,

You've got a lot on your mommy plate. We'll be praying for Henry and Igor today.

ethiHOPEia said...

Hi Candy! I will keep praying for Igor. I know you and Rob love and care for him so much! It hurts to see such a little one battling...
Hilary

tisha said...

Praying that Henry's belly gets better fast!

I'm so sorry to hear about Igor;s wound. I will keep him in my prayers.
Tisha