Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Weekend Fun

We had picture perfect weather today. This morning, Igor and I went to the Farmers Market while Rob received a massage. Yep, you read that correctly, Rob had a massage. Last night Rob was in so much pain (stiff neck) he could not sleep. Rob iced his neck and took pain reliever but neither helped. This morning Rob called a college friend who is a massage therapist. His friend came over and tried to loosen Rob's muscles up. Rob is still very stiff but is feeling better.

This afternoon we took Igor to a park where we fed the ducks.

After the park, we came home and played in the backyard. That's where we spotted a baby bunny. Igor promptly named the bunny "Sally". Sally is so small and cute. Today, she dined on chickweed and wild onions. As long as Sally limits her diet to weeds, we'll have a great relationship. Why? because I hate to pull weeds!
I fear that Sally will soon grow tired of the weeds and look for more tasty treats. If and when Sally invades my garden, well, that is when Sally turns into a "pest". Fear not, I will not harm Sally but I will try to thwart her efforts. Last year we had four wild bunnies feasting in my garden, they enjoyed peppers, ALL of my cantaloupes, and many tomatoes. I am wondering where Sally's brothers and sisters are. There is never just "one" bunny.

Have you had success keeping bunnies out of your garden? If so, I would love to hear your success story. Our neighborhood prohibits chicken wire fences so I cannot use it to fence in my garden.

3 comments:

tisha said...

Candy,
We also have bunnies around our neighborhood. They seem to like our house and I'm worried about our garden too.

When I was growing up my mom used to say that if you put dog fur around your garden it would keep animals away. We're going to try that and see if it works. ?? :)
Tisha

Carpenters said...

We have deer in our neighborhood and they ate much of our garden last year, our first year here. We're definitely going to put a fence up around ours this year. My mom has used fox urine in the past and it has been successful for her to keep rabbits and deer out. You might want to give it a try.

With love,
Penelope

Lori said...

We live in MA. We heard last week that a black bear was seen again in our neighborhood. The bears and moose
scare me, but I am still interested in seeing them for myself and taking a picture. We have plenty of rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks too though. Good luck. Praying for your referral.
Lori (YG)
laughners.blogspot.com