Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rain and the bus stop

Igor was never afraid of rain until we moved south. Last year we had a terrible drought so it rarely rained. This year we are still in a drought but we've had severe weather. Igor decided he was scared of rain this spring when we were under a tornado watch in March. That day Igor decided that he would not go outside if it was raining. We've spent months explaining that rain cannot hurt you but Igor has refused to go outside if it looks like rain or it is raining.



On Monday, Igor and I were playing outside when it started to sprinkle. I didn't say anything, I continued to play. When Igor noticed it was sprinkling he said, "Mom I'm not afraid of rain anymore!" Yippee!



Yesterday after dinner Igor said he wanted to ride his bike to the school bus stop. Rob and I looked at each other... we were both thinking- you want to ride your bike outside in the rain? Then he said he wanted to ride his bike to the bus stop on Wednesday morning and mommy could push the bike home. No comment from mom on this... So after dinner we put on Igor's raincoat and helmet, he got on his bike and rode to the bus stop. My heart was full, my little boy is growing up right before my eyes.

This morning was Igor's first day riding the school bus. Rain was poring down but Igor was not scared. He marched out of the house with his backpack and lunch. He was ready to ride the bus.


This morning the house is quiet.... I have a long list of things to do while Igor is at school. I have accomplished my first task which is adoption related- write a letter to USCIS requesting a fingerprint appointment! One item down, many to go.

6 comments:

E said...

Happy 1st Day of School, Igor!

Candy, you & Igor look so cute in your rain coats! What a special memory!

Erica

tisha said...

Candy,
I'm so glad Igor is not afraid of the rain anymore! You guys do look cute in your rain coats. :)
Tisha

Jori said...

Your rain coats are adorable! Glad he is no longer afraid of the rain - I don't like big storms either :):) He is growing up!
I am going to have a few hours alone every day starting next week too - I must get some work done and not blog all morning. (I MUST GET WORK DONE! I MUST GET WORK DONE! :):))
love, jori

kim said...

Candy,

What sweet pics of waiting for the bus! Isn't it amazing to see your little ones face riding away in that big bus :) Our Jenna started school this year and is riding the bus too! We are continuing to pray for your family!!!

Blessings,
Kim (YG)

ethiHOPEia said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for your positive and sweet spirit. I need to write the USCIS too...
Blessings,
Hilary

Lori said...

Congrats on the first day of school! I am glad that the rain was not scary this morning! We are praying for your family!
Lori
laughners.blogspot.com