Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Plane tickets and travel money

After several calls to FedEx last night and this morning, I was told the driver remembered dropping off a package to our house. The FedEx agent asked if we check the bushes. At that point I had to laugh, um, yes, we have checked everywhere. She suggested my next call should be to the travel agent.

Our travel agent is on the west coast so all I could do was wait until noon when they opened. A few minutes before noon the phone rang. It was our neighbor one block down, she had a FedEx package with our name on it! Yes, she had our plane tickets! Woo-Hoo!

Rob went to the Credit Union this morning. He was able to get clean, crisp bills for our trip. One more item crossed off our list of things to do!

My dad sent me a travel luggage scale. I LOVE it! Using the luggage scale is easier than trying to weigh luggage on a bathroom scale. I highly recommend it to anyone traveling internationally. I will let you know how accurate it is compared to the airline scale.

Igor and I made Christmas cookies this morning. It's the last "Igor and mommy" Christmas event on our things to do list.... well, we still have to decorate the cookies, but we will do that tomorrow!

Please pray for the AWAA families in Ethiopia right now. Several of them are sick. The Stager's little boy is so ill he is being treated at a clinic.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, it's all becoming so wonderfully real reading your latest posts (I'm one of those don't read for awhile and then read like crazy people!)! I'm glad you've gotten to do such neat things with Igor lately with Henry coming so soon. I'm wondering what Igor is saying lately about his little brother? You've probably said and I'm just not a faithful enough blog reader :)

Blessings,
Danielle

tisha said...

Yay! So glad it all worked out! Prase God!
Tisha