Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Today we meet Henry

I woke up this morning at 3:45- I was hungry and could not sleep.  I ate a banana and tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't.  My stomach is the same as yesterday.  I hope I can make it all day.  This morning we meet at 10AM as a group, then have lunch and finally to the Transitional home!!  We meet Henry this afternoon!  I have Henry's backpack ready.  I have bubbles, snacks, toys and other fun things.  I cannot wait to see his personality, what he likes and does not like..... 
 
I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that while we were having dinner with the Sparrs the power went off!  The staff lit candles and turned on a lantern.   About 15 minutes later the power came back on.  We brought a flash light just in case the power goes off while we are in our room... fyi- the rooms all have candles and matches.
 
for other AWAA families (moms)- if you get cold easily, make sure you bring slippers, a warm robe and warm PJs when you travel.  The rooms can get chilly.  We brought our white noise maker, it drowns out the street noise and morning prayers.  Yesterday was a special Holy day so the Orthodox church started their prayers on the loud speaker at 4:30 AM. 
We have tried to call the US several times but have not been able to get through.  My sister on the other hand is able to call us without a problem. 
Igor is doing well!  Thank you for praying foe him
 

No comments: