Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Comfortably Numb

I've been home for almost 48 hours. I am feeling "Comfortably Numb". I cannot feel anything but numbness. I think my senses have become completely overloaded and there for have shut down. I am going through my own personal "brown out".
How do you interact with suffering, starving children, terrible conditions and not feel something?? While I was in Ethiopia I felt the children's pain, I heard tummies rumble from hunger, I saw children eating grass because they were so hungry.... and today I have a choice- I can remain in this comfortably numb position or I can do something. Through the jet lag and my stomach issues I would prefer to be comfortably numb but I KNOW that isn't the right choice... I can choose to ignore what I saw but I cannot... it haunts me...I close my eyes and I feel the children kissing my hands, my face, I hear the children giggle and laugh, I hear them singing songs of praise and I know I have to do something. Today I will ask church leaders to help support an orphanage in Ethiopia. If you are interested in supporting an orphan through Children's Hope Chest please e-mail me at Mblueberry.madamblueberry@gmail.com

No comments: