Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Day #1

We arrived in Ethiopia on Tuesday, Dec 1, 2009! We loaded up the two vans and headed for the guest house.
Our team consists of 4 women (Shiloh, Karen, Heather and me) and 9 Men (Tom Davis, Simon, Tom L, Jeremy, Josh, Caleb, Pete, John, David) and a team of Children's Hope Chest staff in Ethiopia. We had lunch and then headed to our first care point/orphanage.
We played with the children, handed out care packages and then headed back to the guest house.
We went to a traditional Ethiopian Restaurant for dinner. Before we could order I got sick so our driver took Heather and I back to the guest house. Heather took care of me and made sure I was safely tucked into bed. She also had the team pray for me when they returned from dinner.
Wednesday morning I was feeling much better. I was well enough to go to Kombolcha.

No comments: