Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Reflections

There are so many things about our trip to Ethiopia that I have yet to process. The poverty, the beauty of the people, the street children.... Some day when I have more than a few hours sleep I hope I can grasp what we saw and turn it into more than words.

Rob and traveled alone when we traveled to Russia for Igor. We didn't have any idea what a travel group would look like. Now that we have traveled with our group, I can say our travel group was amazing. For me, it made the trip much more intimate. Each family adopted different aged children- 10 months, 23 months, 5 years old but each of us had something to offer. Whether it be experience, humility, Christ's love, walking by faith when things didn't go as planned, etc. We were able to share items such as Gatorade powder, anti-fungal cream, encouragement, diapers, bottles, birr, magic anti-nausea pills and the list goes on and on. God knows all the details and blesses us when we least expect it. I thought the blessing would come from meeting Henry but God had much more in store. For me, Robel and our travel group was a gift that I did not expect nor did I deserve. Our heavenly father loves to surprise us with blessings and today I look back and say thank you.

No comments: