Welcome to Rob and Candy's Blog

We are going PINK- we are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We'll be sharing our journey to adopt our daughter!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

This and That

In my last post I used the phrase "orphanage dust". I didn't make the phrase up, I wish I was that creative but I'm not... I am pretty sure I read it on Apryl's blog last year.
The orphanage dust bunny is still here but it's no longer the size of Kansas. thank goodness.

I went to the doctor- great news, I do not have a hernia!! I have torn a muscle in my stomach. The doctor said it will heal on it's own.

Henry is still having tummy troubles which is now causing him to scream in pain. This happens during the day and in the middle of the night. We are all very tired. I think the medicine Henry took made the parasite angry but it didn't kill it. Rob took him to the doctor yesterday. Henry will do another round of medicine for giardia. In the mean time, my mother-in-law bought us medical gloves for bathing and changing Henry. I wasn't sure if we'd like them but I LOVE them. They keep our hands clean (although we still wash our hands) but there is much less chance of us contracting giardia with the gloves on.

My friend and blogger pal Susan has started making body butter for her son. She inspired me to make butter for Henry since his skin is so dry. I didn't have Aquaphor but I did have Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream so I decided to modify Susan's recipe.

I mixed 6 oz of raw Shea Butter and 3 oz of Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in my KitchenAide and wallah, the mixture is like body butter and it keeps Henry's skin from getting ashy. I love it. Thanks Susan for the recipe!

While I'm on the subject of things I love, I thought I'd share two products I really enjoy. Other moms might like them too?? I LOVE the Kiddopotamus Place mat check it out if you have a toddler! We received this at Igor's toddler shower and it's an item I have treasured (it's the simple things!). Henry uses it daily. It's portable so you can take it with you to a restaurant but we use ours at home. Why do I love this product?
  1. It sticks to the table so Henry cannot slide the place mat with his food on it.
  2. The surface of the place mat is not slick so the plates/bowls do not slide
  3. It has a scoop to catch spills
  4. It's durable
  5. It's easy to clean
My other meal time favorite are Munchkin bowls. They are dishwasher and microwave safe they come in cool colors AND they are BPA free. They have a tall angled side to help Henry keep the food in the bowl while he is scooping out his food.

Igor keeps reminding me that Henry's birthday is this week! We will celebrate this weekend. Pictures to follow.

No comments: